Flat Stanley hangs ten ... almost

After a few years of no traveling, Flat Stanley told me, "Roro, I want to go on another trip."

It just so happened that I was planning a trip. First stop - Hawaii.

Way back in the day, I lived in Hawaii. But Flat Stanley had never seen anything like it. "Roro, why do they wear so many flowers? They have flowers on all their clothes. Even the stick figure bathroom guy."


"That's true," I told Flat Stanley. "That's aloha style. Because Hawaiians love the land the live on so much. Even when they welcome outsiders they present them with leis around their necks."

"Leis?" asked Flat Stanley. "What do they lay on you, Roro?"

"More flowers. Of course!" And with that I found a place to get a lei for flat Stanley.

"I don't think I like this, Roro."


But then he saw some surf boards across the street. "What are those?"

"They are surf boards. You use them to ride on top of the waves," I told him.


"I want to do that!" But then he remembered he's made of paper. And paper can't get wet. So he said, "Roro I want to watch THEM do that."

So we a sat on the beach and watched the surfers till the sun set.