Planes, metros, and airport rides

After wrapping up meetings in the morning, Flat Stanley and I headed to the airport. We got here really early because the rest of my co-workers had earlier flights. So I relaxed and had some lunch. I also spent some time planning my trip to Budapest. Flat Stanley tried to help, but his hands are flat so he couldn't really type on my computer.


After figuring out the metro system and all the things I need to worry about in Budapest, I shut off my computer so I could entertain Flat Stanley. First, we played on some of the rides they had at the airport.


Then we walked around and looked at some of the things that they had at the stores. Flat Stanley said, "Roro, I really want one of those Finland hockey jerseys!" He tried it on, but it just didn't fit on his flat little body.


Then we saw the Moomins, so we got a picture with one of them.


And another picture with a troll type thing.


Finally, we headed to our gate. Flat Stanley ran to the window and squealed with joy, "Look! It's our plane!!! I really like flying on a plane." That is good because we were going to be on the plane for two and a half hours.


We made it! It was a pretty short trip. Much shorter than the time it took Flat Stanley to get from California to Boston. But it was already night time when we got to Budapest. See how dark it was!


Then we took the bus to the metro and then walked to the hostel. After I checked into the hostel, we had to walk another few blocks to where we were actually staying. Phew! When we finally got there, Flat Stanley jumped into bed and said, "Have fun, Roro. I'm going to bed!!!"


"Good night, Flat Stanley. I'll see you in the morning."